Monday, February 7, 2011

Big Girl

Not quite sure how I feel about this... my Claire Bear is just getting too big too fast for me. She already skipped being 2 and went straight to her 3's and now she thinks she is done with the crib and wanting to go potty in the toilet "like Ella". So one thing at a time for me... and since I didn't want her to break her arm while climbing out of the crib I thought we better take care of that one first! So the crib got taken down, not without a tear or two on my behalf, and a big girl bed put up. And guess what... no surprise here, she loves it! When she first saw it she jumped and jumped on it for at least 20 minutes and then had to show Mason and Ella! She hasn't gotten out of it yet (fingers crossed that will continue) at night and has still taken a nap in it without any unusual drama that accompanies the nap. So big steps! And yes they are exciting ones but at the same time... she is too big too fast! Might need to take a bit of a breather before we dive into potty training!

Quote of the week: Ella is too funny... this last fall and winter I ended up buying her a few pairs of skinny jeans and pants because... MY GOSH she just looks so dang cute in them! Her little toosh is just pinchable :) anyways... not always her favorite to wear for comfort and upon getting ready for school the other day she asked, "Mom why do I always have to wear my squeezy pants?" to which I replied, "Well you just look so darn cute in them... better get used to fashion being uncomfortable:)"

PS... Ryan and I went on a date this last Saturday that really was so fun. He took me to the gun range! Yes I went to a gun range. He has been worried for just about forever of my intense fear of guns and then the intense fear and not knowing of what to do with one. So I asked him to plan a date and that where we went and had a great time. By no means was I in my comfort zone and looked like a total spazz but I really enjoyed myself. Ryan is awesome and never missed his target. I sometimes got it :) The 45 about knocked me over, but I liked shooting Ryan's gun (and I cant remember the name of it even though he has told me about 100 times... sorry) Anyways... we followed that up with Cheesecake Factory, my favorite! Yummy yummy food and dessert! A calorie fest of course! It was just a really fun time that pushed me some and got me outta my comfort zone and was a great memory! Thanks Ry!

No comments:

Post a Comment