Sunday, January 4, 2009

A First Time For Everything





So here I am... a blogger! I never thought it would happen either, but actually I am excited about it.  The new year always gets me thinking about how I can better my life, this year blogging was killing two birds with one stone...becoming more computer savvy and being better at journalling. So bare with me as I work my way through all this "tech"stuff, hopefully I get better at it as I go.  We had a wonderful holiday season filled with shopping, parties, late nights, Christmas lights and movies, great food, family and friends and of course the spirit of Christ! We continued our traditions of dinner at Litza'a Pizza and Temple lights, a new Christmas story, brunch with the Reid girls, Christmas Eve breakfast with the Lunds and Eve night with the Reids, and Christmas breakfast at home with lots of presents (santa was good to us) and dinner with Nana and Papa on Christmas night.  The favorite presents were for me a digital scrapbook program and relaxing lotions, for Ryan his new Jazz shorts, Mason was the WII, Ella was a Cinderella dress, new toy  puppy, and her bouncing horse, and Claire a new Jumper toy.  I am still trying to find out where to put all the "stuff". We are very blessed in our lives in so many ways, we have all that we need and then some, we have a testimony of the Atonement of Christ and the restored  gospel, wonderful families and friends, of course...each other.  I have the best family and during this season especially, I am constantly reminded of that. 
So as we move into 2009 here are some of our New Years Resolutions
Camille- Lose weight!!, journaling, computer stuff, and do FHE
Ryan- He isn't quite sure yet... he'll let us know
Mason-Make a new friend at school, throw a curve ball
Ella-Potty trained (sooner than later), enjoy dance class
Claire- All the baby stuff she is supposed to do.
So there it is...my first blog! Hopefully many more to come!

QUOTES OF THE WEEK: This weeks first quote is from Mason (6 1/2)... After getting his "long" hair cut from his Aunt Ally he said to her, "Oh look it's me again!"
While watching the Jazz loose to the Lakers Ryan yells out, "CJ Miles couldn't play defense against himself in the mirror!" We had a good laugh!
MAJOR MILESTONES: Claire (4 months) rolled over for the first time this week and is learning to reach and grab for things! She is growing up too fast!

5 comments:

  1. Camillie, I LOVE IT!! I love that you've jumped on the blogwagon. I think you'll have fun with it, and I'm going to have fun reading all your happenings! I love how you wrote down goals for the year, too. I write them down (sometimes), and then when I go to look at them at the end of the year to see if I really did follow through and I wonder where the heck I wrote them. It's a great way to have it here on a blog, so you know where to find them. Cute background and title, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you're going to do this. This will be fun. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world! Now maybe I will be able to keep in touch with you! So cute, your kids are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It looks great Mille. I am so excited you have decided to join us. You wont be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me sick. You are such a better mom than I am. I can't keep up! I love ya! I love Ry! I love your kids! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete