Sunday, January 25, 2009

The stars were aligned!

Saturday was a great day! My kids were so happy, not that they aren't by nature, but they played so well together...and get this with no TV or video games! They were creative and had a blast with their dad and I. Mason played with his circuit board that he got for Christmas for hours (yes I said hours! Nothing ever keeps his attention for that long). Ry hung up Mason's solar system in his room and he and Ella watched the planets spin on his bed. Ryan's favorite cookies were made made by all of us, and Claire was a happy baby. The stars must have been aligned because after talking to a few of my friends, their kids were all good and content as well. But for me, even though all that was awesome I had a special treat coming my way that I was actually giddy about. I mean really giddy. I got a facial, a wonderful facial! Regan and I took off that afternoon for facials and shopping. Facials are one of most favorite things to pamper myself with. The last one that I had was over 5 months ago right before I had Claire. So I was in complete heaven. So relaxed and spoiled. I guess I just needed that, a little time for just me to play with a best friend! After shopping we met our families at Reg's house for the Jazz game. Unfortunately we have sort of a bad curse that hangs over us. We have watched a lot of Jazz games together over the years and guess what, they have never won a game when we do that! Can't explain it...eventually it has to happen though, right? But we did have a great time watching the LeBron James show (He is amazing) that night. And once again the kids played great together. What a great day.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: So I just opened a new Diet Coke and had one taste and I saw Ella eyeing it. I asked her to leave it alone while I was going to change Claires bum and I would give her a taste after. Upon coming back from changing the baby, what 3-4 maybe 5 minutes later, I find Ella hiding under the table drinking my Coke. She comes out, burps, hands me the empty Coke can and says, "I just can't wait mom." We both just started laughing!

2 comments:

  1. I love when those stars align! I love that Ella downed your Coke, too! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It will be fun to keep in touch this way. I added you to my blog list, so I can keep track of you. It looks like things are going well for you guys. It was fun to see your kids, they are so grown up! I'll talk to you later :)

    ReplyDelete