Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Not so Easterish

Well this Easter did not go according to plan at all! No pretty new Easter dresses to show off, handsome new ties, or big family Easter dinner. But we did come together as a family and count our blessings! On Saturday night my brother, Mackay and his cute family were headed for St George to spend spring break with my parents and about 20 outside of Beaver hydroplaned out of control and rolled the car 4-5 times. My brother was hurt the worst out of everybody but will be alright eventually, it just might be a long road ahead of him. He broke his left arm in 3 places, bones sticking out, a skull fracture, neck fractures, lungs bruised, loss of hearing and sight (temporarily) and his poor head was almost unrecognisable from all the swelling and bruising. His eyes were swollen shut for 2 days and yesterday he was finally able to open them some but because of all the cuts from glass and pressure behind them his vision is still not very good. Karen is home and dealing with bruised lungs and scratches and a lot of stiffness and soreness, and the babies are more than fine. They must have had little angel bubbles around them because not even a bruise or scratch bigger than the size of my fingernail. This car was totally smashed, it was a miracle that they are alive let alone seeing these kids having no sign of any injury! My brother and his wife were ambulanced up here that night and the kids were released to my mom to bring home that night. So the past couple of days have been crazy busy either being at the hospital or helping Karen with the kids. We are so blessed to have them all here still and are going to be fine. No long term side effects! These things have a way of humbling you quickly and helping you put your priorities back in focus and help you reaffirm how much your family means to you! I am so grateful the spirit has been with them. When my mom brought the kids home I met her at the house to help her put them back to bed and these kids had the calmest sweetest spirit about them, they were peaceful and really OK. I just know it was the Lord helping them in their time of need when their parents couldn't be there to give them their comfort. I am grateful for all the people who stopped and helped them before the ambulance came, they held their heads upright, calmed the kids, and attended to them medically in any way they could. I love my brother so much and am so grateful that he and his family are going to be alight. I pray for his speedy recovery and mental ability to be heightened so that he can get through all that he has to face!

No comments:

Post a Comment