Tuesday, March 31, 2009

St George Sun!

Boy did I need some REAL spring weather... so we packed up the car on Friday and left for some St. George Sun!!! The weather was perfect, 70-73 the whole time! It was great. The kids love love love to go down there and play. In fact Mason struggles a little bit enjoying the moment, what he is doing at the time, because he can't wait to get on to the next thing! (A good teaching moment about enjoying the moment) We didn't have near enough time down there (especially when we have to come home to snow and 25 degrees BLAAAHHH) but we did pack in our days of fun. On Saturday Mas and Ry went golfing all day while my mom and me just ran around with the girls. That night Ry and I took the kids to see Monsters vs Aliens (not my favorite show) but the kids had a great time. And when we came home we watched the Jazz barely beet the Suns in overtime WHEW! Sunday we went on a hike to see some petrogliphs, my Mason became a mountain goat jumping and climbing on all sorts of rocks looking for more pics, Ella scraped her leg (many tears) and picked the flowers, and Claire had just smiles the entire time, not a peep out of her. She loved it! She loves to be outside! After that and some lunch we went up Snow Canyon and played in the windy sand dunes for a bit (Ella's favorite thing to do so we had to get it in) and then came home. We had to cut tour trip home a night short due to yucky weather up here in Salt Lake and Ryan having to plow, so I guess we will have to go back soon for some more St George Sun!
SIDE NOTE: I realized something down there, I need more of my dad in me! I used to be more like him but I think motherhood has taken over a bit, which is great and just how it should be. But I think those qualities that I once possessed need to re-surface some! He is in awesome shape he bikes all the time (up to the top of Snow Canyon in fact), loves to ski every week, rides his Harley, 4-Wheels, loves to hike and discover new things. He is adventurous and daring, and great goal setter and achiever, tries new things and doesn't let many impossibles get the best of him. I think I am going to start by bringing out the goal setter in me and getting back into shape. He really is an inspiration to me! Thanks dad!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Heading back to the car from seeing the petrogliphs and Ella falling and scraping her knee I said to her, "Lets go get some lunch and then we will go see some more cool rocks on a little hike and then we can go to the sand and play, Okay?" and she said in a very upset voice, "I don't wanna see anymore rocks!" Her little personality comes out! She is my girly girl! Lunch and shoe shopping is her kind of day, not seeing lots of dumb rocks! I think Claire just may be the opposite from her big sis though! We'll have to wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. Oh you are making me jealous of your St. George trip! Good thing we are headed down there for spring break and Easter :)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weekend getaways are the best! Sounds fun. I can't even imagine 70 degrees right now!

    ReplyDelete