Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Americas Favorite Past Time

I LoVe BaSeBaLL! Really each year I look forward to this time of year and you can go to any ball park and hear the wonderful sound of the crack of a baseball bat and crouds cheering (or parents yelling), sound of cleats sliding through the dirt to touch home plate, seeing kids get so excited when they catch a fly ball, sitting in the sun at the ball park and letting the little one play, The smell of the leather gloves, and yes I don't even mind seeing the seeds come flying out of my husbands mouth (gross as it may seem), I have loved this all my life. I grew up with all my brothers playing baseball to the fullest extent up through high school and sometimes on multiple teams and thats where my love for the game grew. So much to my excitement Mason claims that Baseball is his favorite sport too. He is a great ball player and I was really excited for him to play this year and take his skills to the next level. Confession: Yes.. I am the ultra competetive mom who expects their kids to preform to their greatest ability.No I do not yell out obsenities at others or coaches but may think them sometimes (HAHA) In my defense though I don't think I would push Mason if I didn't think he could handle it and he does thrive on it so... I think I am alright. He is having a lot of fun this year, I am little disappointed with the coaching staff treating this like its recess at times and not a serious game. I wish there was more mechanics instruction and learning the ins and outs of the game a little more. But you know what they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself: Right? So maybe Ryan will coach next year. Anyways, Mason is growing and most importantly having great time... never complains about going to games or practice and has a smile on his face when he leaves. So I hope that he will always love this game and that we always have a game to look forward to. He really has great potential!
Another dream or wish I have that centers around baseball is to each summer go to a major league game. Just take off for a weekend and see different stadiums each summer and go to a MLB game. I think Ryan and I would have so much fun and something to look forward to each year. So far this year I think we will make it to an Angels game in late August when we go to California with Ryan's family. So lets keep our fingers crossed!
So, "Take me out to the ball game...take me out with the croud..."

Mason and Cade

No comments:

Post a Comment