Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Weekend... Sunny Brook!!!!

I finally got up there... my happy place!!! I love going to my family's cabin. We have had it for as long as I can remember, in fact my kids are the 5th or 6th generation to be able to play up there. Sunny Brook is almost 100 years old, most of the original cabins are still there and many are making improvements. My dad has been working on some major transformations now for a few years... and it looks awesome! In fact this was our first weekend up there with water!!! We still need to use the outhouse because we haven't been able to do the inside plumbing yet but there is a well and a pump house and all the necessary needs now to have it all work. This is a major accomplishment for my family! And we are all so excited for it.. So lets get back to why this is my happy place... totally gorgeous setting, peaceful, campfires, smores, cook-outs, lots of laughing with my fam., 4-wheelers, fishing, playing in the pond and river, the smell, relaxing, playing with kids, Ryan loves to work up there, and Sammy goes nuts! Every time we have to leave i get sad and every time we are heading up there I just get happy and peaceful. There is no place like it! I am so grateful to my parents for preserving this incredible treasure. My kids love it! It is so fun to watch them play and do the same things I did when I was little! So what a wonderful holiday weekend to spend a day up there enjoying nature! My entire family was there and we were able to get a picture together but my dad hasn't been able to get that to me yet, so I will post that later! I can't wait to see it myself! Until next time, hopefully it will be soon, can't get enough of it up there! Thanks Dad and Mom for all your hard work so we can enjoy and have this place to go up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment