Friday, November 20, 2009

"Do it Anyway"

I received some great advice recently that I needed to write down and share... As women, mothers, wives, ,and daughters etc... we carry with with the need to help those we love, catch those we love when they fall, prevent bad things from happening, teach them, recognise the cues that something is wrong with them, set a good example for them, trust and love unconditionally, and serve with all we have in us. WOnDeRFul gifts that our Heavenly Father has given us. And we also know that where much is given much is required so, I think that is why it is so hard to watch those around you make wrong or hurtful choices to both them and others and then have to stand back and let them fix it, come to their own penatance, and choose to be better; and act only as a support when everything inside of you wants to do it for them. This is where I was at recently, and I did all that I could to fix it for them in a "supporting" way and what it came down to was that I couldn't. Choices were made beyond my control and I got hurt again. So I came to a point where what ran through my mind was, "what does it matter anyway? I did all this and It didn't matter. Give up, on just about everything!"
The advice that was given to me came in the form of a quote that Mother Theresa said:
"Do It Anyway"
People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered,
-Love them anyway
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives,
-do good anyway
If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies,
-succeed anyway
The good you do will be forgotten tomorrow,
-do good anyway
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable,
-be honest and frank anyway
What you spent years building may be destroyed overnight,
-build anyway
People really need help but may attack you if you help them,
-help them anyway
Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth,
-give the world the best you've got anyway

The point was that we are given the gifts we are given and are suppose to do the right things because our Heavenly Fathers asks us to be that way. The most important relationship we can have is the one with our Heavenly Father. So when that day comes and we are asked if we did all we could for those around us we can say yes... and the way in which others respond to that service will be theirs to answer for.
So my new little saying in my head when I just can't seem to make myself do something because of a long list of excuses or fears is, "Do it anyway"

No comments:

Post a Comment