Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Bird

I have been stuck in the house for over a week now with sick kids and my biggest outing being picking Sammy up at the vet. So I was in desperate need of some fun and a break! Poor Claire was sick at the beginning of the week with fevers and a cold and then Ella came down with it by Wednesday but hers seems to be even worse... higher fevers, sleeping less, worse cough etc. :( It has been rough, especially for them. So needless to say I was eXcITed to go skiing with my dad, brodie and mac! I could only sneak away for half a day because Mason had a basketball game, but lets be honest... that's probably all my legs could handle anyways being the first time out this year! But it was aWesOMe!! Loved the fresh air, pushing myself physically, playing with my dad and brothers and enjoying the gorgeous mountain! Man do I wish I could sneak away more and go skiing! So fun! I am really not that great, kind of a groomed blue kinda gal, but I am getting more confidant and will try new runs. I love that my dad pushes me... he shows the utmost confidence in me always and tells me not to worry... just go for it! What a good daddy! It was really what I needed and I can't wait to go again!
On our way up the lift my dad and I were chatting about the importance of "getting away". Truly I believe it is really crucial to sanity! as Ryan would say, "I gotta restring my bow" and my dad says that by going skiing or biking for him helps him preform better at work the next week. Its important to release the tension that can build from everyday life. When you do, you can come back refreshed, clear minded and ready to face challenges! So schedule some "me" time whether that's getting your nails done, gno's, skiing, golfing, movies, shopping... whatever it is that is a indulgence and fun! Its good for the soul! And try not to feel guilty about it, which is always my problem, yOu dEserVe iT!

No comments:

Post a Comment