Wednesday, January 26, 2011

St George Sun


It really should be a "must do" or "tradition" to get outta here and go to St George in January. 55 felt like 85 and I got some major spring fever! You could even start to smell the grass coming on, and it just goes to show how pasty white I am that spending a few hours in the sun at 55 degrees brings back the pink in my cheeks! It was a totally last minute spontaneous decision... Wednesday night I had just about all I could take so I packed up the kids and headed down Thursday afternoon! Luckily my parents were already planning on being down there so I was in good company! Loved just focusing on my kids and being a daughter! My parents were so good to me; helping with the kids, making and buying me food, chats, laughs and hanging out! We shopped a little, of which the girls got some new sun glasses (they know how to rock the glasses! They haven't left their little faces since and it was quite the decision to choose which ones they wanted! They had to try every pair on before both deciding on the lady bug ones), Ella made sure we went to the "beach" aka... sand dunes up Snow Canyon. It is her fAvOriTe spot! Her and Claire played for about 1 1/2 hours before my mom and I made them stop to go home and get in the tub! I swear they could've played all day. Mason and my dad met us up there after their Zions trip! They rode their bikes up to us on the trail! My dad and Mas hung out all weekend! When I asked Mason what his favorite part was he said, "playing with grandpa... hiking and riding bikes" They played catch at the park, went on bike rides up Snow Canyon, in Zions and around the neighborhood, played basketball at the park and were just the best of buddies! I LOVED watching those two together... melted my heart! Of course there were lots of playground trips, scooter and bike riding, playing with the dogs, Toblers Bakery trip, Pizza Factory yumminess, little bit of shopping, eating junk.... PeRfECt!! Ella loved coloring and having sleep overs with Mason, I, although it didn't mean I got a lot of sleep, loved having Claire say, "mommy, I seep wif u in big gurl bed?" and of course we got to cuddle all night! How could I resist! I am so grateful for my parents allowing us to have a "get away" its just been so great! I love making memories there with my little family and cant wait til we can get back there. Sun does a body good!




1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I need to get there soon! Glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete