Monday, February 23, 2009

My MaSoN


So last week was a big week for my Mason and I... Ryan was out of town for the week and Mason and I just were not meshing, thus there were many disagreements. Whenever I have a week like that with one of my children I try to look back and understand my part in the whole thing, needless to say its usually me that is at the root of the problem. Even though he is bored and needs spring to come I feel like I am not being the positive influence in his life as opposed to being a mommy nag. So this entry is my repentance as I write about 2 funny experiences that happened to him. (and I can regroup as a mom and focus on the positive)! First off he comes home from school one day and says to me, "Mom I hope you are proud of me and not mad." so I say "OK... tell me what's going on." He then explains that his friend Walker was being picked on by a 6th grade girl by the swings so he remembered that Ry and I have taught him to be a protector of those who need help. He also remembers that we have taught him that if he needs help with something to say a prayer in his head for help. So he says a prayer in his head and Heavenly Father gives his muscles extra strength so he can flip this girl over and save his friend. Apparently he was a hero! How do you respond to that? Good concepts were applied but beating up girls, 6th grade or not... well what do you say!!! I think I just laughed and told him good job for being a good friend!
He has had a loose tooth now for about a month and has been afraid to wiggle it for fear of blood and pretty much his whole head coming off. But on Friday night he was eating a carrot and all the sudden out comes his tooth. He comes running in to show me and Ryan... no tears, no blood, no drama! Thank goodness. So the Tooth Fairy was way too generous that night and now he is not so scared for the next time! YAH!
All in all he is wonderful and makes me smile daily, I love squeezing him when he gets home from school and tucking him in at night with lots of cuddles. His freckles on his nose are adorable and his smile lights up the room. And I definitely need some of his energy! I am a lucky mom!

1 comment:

  1. You are an incredible Mom!!! Mason, Ella and Claire are very very lucky
    Love you

    ReplyDelete