Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A BREAK FROM REALITY

So the reality of it is, that, I have a great life, one that is filled with more blessings than I deserve and/or can count. A life that I would not trade for anything, trials and all! I love my life! But, within that reality there are definitely some things that I need a break from occasionally, for example...I just am not that great of a clean house keeper, as much as I try and want a sparkling clean house I find me asking myself, "OK, can I live with it this way for a minute longer?", I have a 6 month old baby who is attached to me, a 3 year who wakes me up twice a night, a 6 year old who seems to be fighting for some more independence from me lately, and a husband who is in between seasons of work right now and I seem to face the reality all to much that I wish I had more $$$ in the bank, and more time to take a long shower and sleep more. So with all that starting to take its tole on me and me finding myself being a little more grumpy with my kids I was able to take off with some friends for an over nighter downtown last weekend. YEAH! And believe me it was definitely a break from reality! We ate out every meal desserts included (no cooking for me! and I pretended I wasn't on my diet), shopped a ton (with no stroller), laughed so much and giggled at silly things, (didn't have to worry about little ears listening), learned more about my MAC computer and some new scrap booking techniques (didn't have to wait for Ry to get around to doing that for and with me), went to bed really late (cause I knew I would be able to sleep in), and really just had a wonderful time!(because I was able to just play with friends who I love, respect and admire) Now don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for my husband for allowing me to do this because the reality of this is, without him and his love for me and our kids I wouldn't get this break. I am lucky he is so supportive of me and my needs! In fact they had a great time without me as well... guess they needed a break from reality too! Mason said to me when I got back, "Mas did ya miss me?" "Actually mom I had so much fun with daddy I didn't think about you much!" And ya know what , that was OK with me! I am glad they had fun, because now the next time I want to go... NO RESERVATIONS on my part! And being back this week reality has set back in very quickly... can't wait for the next time! Thanks for a great over nighter girls!


Me, Yvett, Haily, Kara, Netell, Jenny Hester, Jen Housely, Andrea

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute! I love your long hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun! We have to do it again. . . soon!

    ReplyDelete