Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In a Funk

So this last weekend I needed to breathe, clear my head, and just chill; so I left by myself and headed down to St. George for the weekend. My parents ended up coming down for the weekend as well and playing with me! It is amazing how a little, or a lot, of retail therapy, a lot of good food therapy, and just hanging out with my mom and dad can do for me! We shopped, ate, watched baseball and football games, movies, slept in, rode the bike with my dad, took a Vespa ride with my dad, walked their dogs, chatted for hours with my mom, read a little, just basically was selfish and all about me for a weekend. I felt guilty as I was leaving the driveway saying goodbye to my kids and Ryan but as I got there I realized I did the right thing. I was just at the end of my rope, flipping out at my kids, unable to communicate with Ry very well and just needed to breathe. It was exactly what I needed. I am so grateful for Ryan being willing to let me go and take care of things at home for me for a few days. When I got home on Sunday the house was picked up and all were happy. What a great welcoming!
Do you ever go through this? We are going through some hard trials right now and usually I am able to keep it together and just put my head down and move forward. But not that weekend, things got to me and I couldn't quite pull my self up if I had to worry about taking care of everyone else. So I did what I thought was best, hopefully I made the right choice. I feel better now and am able to take things more head on now, not yell at my kids as much and just be more pleasant with Ry. Sounds pathetic, I know, but I am working on improving and being more happy go lucky! I'll get there. Just needed time to breathe.
PS... I really recommend taking the time to spend some quality time with your parents as adults! So fun to get to know them on different levels, see things from another perspective and enhance your relationship. It was so great just chillin' with mine parents for a few days! I need more of that with them. I think it gave us the chance to really talk and play together because of the no distractions around (aka... my kids demanding their attention.) Anyways, I love them to death and feel so grateful for them and our relationship! As well as for all they have taught me through word and action! I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment