Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Skier

I started the new year off by doing something that I have always enjoyed doing but haven't quite put the time, energy and money too, until this year! My dad and brother, Brodie go skiing every weekend and are total rock stars! They really are amazing skiers and have so much fun. They have been trying to get the rest of us siblings out for years. In the past I have gone once maybe twice a year, except for last year or years in the past when I have either been pregnant or had a new born I haven't gone at all. I really have fun when I go and am excited for this year to go a bunch more. My dad was generous enough to get me a 10 pass season pass up to Snowbird this year! So we started off the New year up on the slopes. It was really fun and I didn't do too bad especially for not having been in a couple of years. Never mind the 4 to 5 year old ski schools totally skiing circles around me and my incredible dad who is fearless and amazing to watch:) But oh my gosh, I am totally out of shape! Especially ski shape. My legs were jello and cramping and getting the quivers before I knew it. And for days after watching me go up and down the stairs was hilarious! Since then I have gone one other time last weekend, and I actually improved a little and wasn't as sore after! YEAH!! It feels so good to be up on the beautiful mountain, pushing myself physically and mentally and just playing with my dad and brother! I am so excited for this winter season and hope that I can improve this year. January and February don't seem quite so drab when you have something to look forward to on the weekend. Maybe by the end of it all I will be able to officially call my self a skier and not be embarrassed to say that:) I would also love to get Ryan and Mason up there! How fun would that be to go as a family each weekend! So thanks Dad for the wonderful gift and experience! It's going to be a fun season!




No comments:

Post a Comment