Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Random

We have had some random things go on that I thought I might write my thoughts on...
-Your know its January when Ryan is in major project mode. We are building a doll house for Ella (well we are helping his parents build one) and he has made all kinds of doll furniture. He has painted my mud room and put up bead board for me, painted my stair well wall which is huge and scary to tackle and he even let me paint it orange:), installed rope lighting and puck lights on his desk, framed the mirrors in my bathroom and now he is on to putting up shelves in the downstairs hall closet. Busy boy but he loves to wood work! And it keeps him happy!!!
-We started Mason at a new baseball facility this last week in hopes to get him ready for baseball in the spring. Its at Ultimate Sports in Lindon. And he loves it!! This is his favorite sport and it is fun to see him excel and have so much fun. last year City baseball wasn't quite enough for him so this year we have been toying with the idea of Super League but it is a huge time and money commitment. But hopefully we found a good compromise with this facility... its super league without the double headers on Saturday or quite as many tournaments. Hopefully it ends up being a good fit come spring time!
-We also started Ella at another dance company called the Vibe, also in Lindon. we really liked where she was at before but it was just too far away. And at this place there are a few neighbor girls who also take there and we can carpool! Yeah for me! I really like it there... it seems like a really great place for her to grow in, all different kinds of styles for ballroom to hip hop. Right now she is in a little Jazz/Ballet combo class. So cute to watch these little girls!
-We are bad dog owners... not in the since that we don't just love our Sammy to pieces but he isn't getting the exercise and attention he needs. Every winter he gets sad but this winter it seems worse and now he is acting out... like jumping on the counter and eating food. He never does that! He is really over weight and and we just can't seem to get our butts outside to take him for a walk, which he would love. I feel so guilty. Today he is at the vet to get a bath and shots, I am hoping it will be a good outing for him but most likely he will just be nervous and ready to come home. We need to do better.
-Claire is having a tough time transitioning from one nap to two. I am really ready for that to happen, naps seem to run my life. But there are just some mornings that she is a mess and can't quite make it to noon to go down. And then when she does she still doesn't sleep long enough and by five is a mess again. What do I do, let her take two naps forever or keep pushing?, She is almost 17 months, geez girl.
-I love my family...everyone seems to be doing great! All are happy and plugging along! What else can you ask for!

1 comment: