Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers day

What a great Mothers day... I really was totally spoiled and my heart was full for all the wonderful blessing I have both as a mother and a wife as well as a daughter, a sister in law, a friend, and one who is surrounded by wonderful mothers who teach me everyday how to be a better mom.
First let me take a minute to express my love to my mom.... really there is no other woman out there who is more selfless and who has a better heart. She has taught me the importance of seeing the bright side in people, to give those the benefit of the doubt and to never judge. She taught me the importance of dedicating my life to my kids and husband, she taught me that no matter what your faced with you go to church because that is just what you do, that is where you are suppose to be, to love the Lord and serve him. She taught me to love sports and to push my kids to be anxiously engaged in many activities, she taught me that you do what you can and to be happy with that and tomorrow is a new day. She has the most beautiful smile, and I love to hear her laugh, really laugh when the tears come streaming down her face, she is a great dancer; the girl can move, she supports her husband in all his hobbies and craziness, she loves her kids and she loves her grandkids, she is patient and kind, a little shy, very sweet and really the greatest mom, among many others things. I am so lucky to be her daughter! I talk to her just about everyday and can't imagine my life without her!



I am so grateful for my calling and the ability of being a mom. I really feel as though it is a sacred calling and one that I am not worthy of but one that I try my hardest at. I am so grateful that Ryan picked me to be the mother of his children and that he works so hard and trusts me enough to let me stay at home and raise our kids, Mason, Isabella, and Claire came with the biggest spirits! My patriarchal blessing says that I would be sent "choice spirits to be in our home" and truly they are. I have much to learn and am grateful for their forgiveness and patience with me.
Mothers day was fun as well as busy. The kids painted a platter for Nana and a vase for Grandma that we had fired and glazed, which they both loved. I made my traditional caramel apples for all the wonderful mothers around me (friends and family; I wish I had more time and $$ because I have a lot more who I could've send out appreciation to). In the morning I was surprised with cards and pictures and a new wallet, as well as hanging baskets full of flowers. Mason made me breakfast in bed which consisted of grape jelly toast, extra jelly, and carrots. I was smothered in loves and kisses and kind words of thanks. After church we went to my brothers house for a BBQ and then to Ryan's parents for dessert. We are so blessed to both have our families so close to see all the time. We are also so blessed to have Ryan's Nana still here to celebrate with. She loves my kids dearly and I love to see them with her. Really such a wonderful day and one I will always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment