Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/10/10

So today was a special today. We had dinner at my parents house tonight in honor of my Grandma Betty... today she would have turned 90 years old. She passed away in October of 1998 and I have missed her greatly ever since then. Today at dinner it was fun to think of her and be with my brothers and parents. My Grandma Betty and I had a very sweet and special relationship. My mom was her only girl and I am my moms only girl and I had no other girl cousins, so my mom and me and my grandma played together often. Yes, I was spoiled and loved every minute of it. Every year for my birthday she would take me school shopping and out to lunch, she often got me a new Easter or Christmas dress clear up into my high school days, she started our Girls Christmas Luncheon complete with bringing us of gift that usually consisted of bath salts or bath beads, and my mom still carries on the tradition, I loved having sleep overs at their house and falling asleep to the sound of a clock that quietly ticked on the night stand and then waking up in the morning to a big breakfast, she would always make me fruit salad at Sunday dinner, she came to so many of my soccer games, filled up my gas tank when I needed help, when I was little I remember her and my grandpa dressing up for Halloween, she always had a bowl of hard candies out on the coffee table, she always had music on when we came over, very artistic, and gave me unconditional love. She died about a month or so before I decided to go on my mission. And I often felt as though I had a guardian angel looking over me during that time. I wish she could've been here when I got married or when I had my babies but I know that she is watching from up above and not missing a minute of my life. I look forward to the day when I can hug my grandma again... she really is the best and although I only had her in my life until I was 21 she made a huge impact on me that will last me my lifetime! Today she is close to my heart and I hope she knows how much I love her and am grateful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment