Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Landscape Design

For the past two months I have been taking a class on Tuesday mornings that I am in love with! For a while now I have had a big interest in landscape design and learning about all sorts of perennials, bushes, trees etc... I have loved messing around in my yard, love going to the nursery's, love helping a friend out here and there, and occasionally helped Ryan with some ideas. But really, I have never had the confidence to advertise myself or be willing to put myself out there to give my "professional" opinion. Because, well, lets just face it, I am just not a professional. Having told my sweet mother-in-law all this she found these classes down at Thanksgiving Point, taught by Larry Sagars (a big guru on the radio and who does Thanksgiving Point Gardens, Temple Square and is in charge of the Master Gardner Program through USU) and she signed me up for them and offered to watch my girls for me each week so that I can gain that confidence and start to learn it all. Well just as I thought I fell even more in love with learning about this stuff and am anxious to go through the Master Gardner program next year when it becomes available again. I am hoping this winter I can put together some kind of portfolio together and study more about plants and flowers so that come spring I can put myself out there and start this journey. I really do love it and hope to be great at it one day. Right now its still intimidating to do yards or properties for others but hopefully with some time and experience I can get better! I have loved going to these classes this fall and can't wait for the next one! Thanks Steph for the nudge to do something I love! Fingers crossed it all works out how I dream of.

1 comment:

  1. Really cool.. Then you can come over and figure my yard out!!! Good luck with your classes!

    ReplyDelete