Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Festivities

With Halloween being on Sunday this year we got to celebrate twice this year... sorta:) Mother nature wasn't too helpful this year with the rain and cold starting in the late afternoon and continuing on for the trick or treaters. Our annual neighborhood, "eat before you treat" was moved into the Lomu's garage but still seemed to have a great turn out with lots of yummy soups to eat! Mason (My ninja) and Ella (One of my beautiful witches) could not wait for trick or treating and seemed to blow through the neighborhood this year... they were back sooner than I expected but they said they were cold. Still... lots-o-candy! Claire (my other darling witch) was good staying at home with me and trick-or-treating out of our pass out candy bowl. My favorite part of the night was getting Ella ready... she sat there forever while I put her fake nails on, glitter eyeshadow, fake lashes, curled her her all wavy, and put lip gloss on! We were both in heaven getting her all dolled up! Although it didn't last long... during trick-or-treating she didn't wear her hat because it kept blowing off thus her hair went flat, her nails were "bugging" her so she picked those off too and her make-up smeared off because of the rain. So it was short lived but so fun while it lasted!






Of course we had a few visitors that night from family... my Mom, Ryan's Mom, Ally and Tavin, and Mitch and Elizabeth. And as usual most of my holiday traditions seem to center around food for some reason (I love making special treats for the festivities) So we had my chicken noodle soup at the party and my Caramel Apples and Carmel Cider for when they came home YUM!!!

Here is Mason and Braden and Mason and Jane (his best buddies)




And then on Sunday I had my family over for dinner... and although it wasn't "Halloween" themed it was YUMMY... Ribs with homemade BBQ sauce, baked beans, funeral potatoes, salad, rolls, chips and dip and caramel apples and pumpkin bars for dessert!! I ate so much. Good comfort food!! Love that menu!
My Dad and Dallas and Lisa are the funny ones in family... here is a pictures of my dad, as Richard Simmons, and Dallas, as a 70's disco skater at their work party. They both won prizes of course... I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this picture. Then Dallas was kind enough to give us the real show at Sunday dinner! Thanks Dal!!! Happy Halloween to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment