Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4tH oF JuLY!!!!

What a day... what a day! We jammed packed as much fun as we could into this day! And by the end of it all we were exhausted! In fact I think I am still recovering! We love this holiday... Fireworks are my favorite! Ever since I was a little girl I get this giddy excited bubbly feeling inside whenever I see a firework show. They are so fun to me! We went up to my "happy place", the cabin, for the afternoon and spent some time with my family! Poor Ryan didn't play much at all, he spent most of the day working on the inside with my brothers and dad putting up some sheet rock in the new bathroom and sitting room. Bummer for him but we are so grateful, I can't believe how much work my dad has done on the cabin to up date it, we are so close to having an indoor bathroom! Wahoo! Speaking of updating... my parents bought new couches for up there and surprised us! So exciting and what a relief! We have been sitting on I swear 100 year old couches FoReVeR that are so uncomfortable and awful! So they finally broke down and got some awesome couches! YEAH!!! I got to spend the day 4-wheeling with my kids(Claire first time... she would kick her arms and legs the whole time, she loved it) and fishing, nature walks and just sitting around and chatting with the family! Totally wonderful! We left there around 4:00pm and hurried down to get ready and go to the Stadium of Fire with Ryan's family. We have never been before so it was exciting! SHeDaisy and Jonas Brothers preformed... blah blah blah. We could have done with out that. But all in all it was okay! Claire did amazing, I was totally worried whe would have a melt down with it being so late but she slept through the Jonas Bros. (something we all wish we could have done) and didn't freak out during the awesome and long firework show. She got a little nervous but nothing Ryan couldn't calm her down with. What an angel baby! Mason and Ella enjoyed sitting with Nana and Papa and watching the show. I enjoyed a flag ceremony that was preformed. A flag that had been flown in the Salt Lake area for 13 years in various events had become too tattered and worn to fly so they burned it in a giant kiln type thing to retire it. It was a beautiful and moving, a respectful and reverent scene to watch and helped to renew my love for this wonderful country! The crappy part of the night was getting home 1 1/2 hours later from Provo to Lehi! YUCK! But Ry and I got goofy in the car and just sang and laughed and ate candy as we tried to come up with new shorter ways to get home... I think we failed but we made it fun and the kids quickly fell asleep! Happy 4th!
QUOTE OF THE DAY: Trying to be the fun mom... I tried to stand up and dance during the Jonas Bros part at Stadium of Fire, Mason quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me down and told me I was not to dance to this group mom... you are so embarrassing!












No comments:

Post a Comment