Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More St. George Fun!!!

This last weekend we took some friends, the Walkers, down to St George for some more hot summer fun before football was totally under way. It was so hot! Never below 90 and would reach 115 during the day! Yikes and we were out in it all day every day! How is it that kids don't really even seem to notice how hot it is... they can just go forever in it. Me, on the other hand, after just sitting in it for a few hours is wiped out! But by the end of the day I think we did our job because the kids were exhausted! We hit the three splash pads, a couple of parks, played tennis, and baseball, played in the back yard, went shopping ate a lot of awesome vacation food. In-N-Out was hit 3 times, the Pizza Factory, and of course Toblers Bakery (a large amount of cookies were consumed!) We hiked the Petragliphs hike (of course Ella told me the whole time that she hated the dirt and rocks) and also drove through Zions only being able to stop at some look out points. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to do any of the hikes... but it was so gorgeous and I can't wait to go again and hike next time! The boys camped out in the living room and stayed up late watching movies every night and were up early ready to go as soon as their feet hit the floor! Ella struggled with sleeping and seemed tired a lot but she also had a good time and loved playing in the water. Claire was an angel, slept great, played great, easy in the car! I missed Mason by the end of it all... him and Cade played the whole time so well I hardly felt like I saw him! They had a great time! We did make a new friend while we were down there... We found a kitten that has made a home for herself in my parents back yard... Ella was obessed, of course, my little snow white! She loved and hugged on that thing constantly. We made the mistake of feeding her (it was so hot and she looked so hungary) so she stayed around the house and would not leave. Ella carried this poor kitty around a ton. I tried calling a shelter to come and get her but nobody responded so hopefully someone else will take pit on the little thing! What a blessing it is that my parents are so generous in letting us go down and take friends and play so often. It is a quick and fun get away that I am always needing a re-coop day from when I get back because we play so hard and I usually gain weight because I eat too much vacation food but so so so fun and well worth it!
PS I forgot my camera down there! AGGHHHH but luckily Melissa didn't so as soon as she emails pictures to me I will get them on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment