Friday, December 18, 2009

A cRaZY week of holiday ChEeR

MONDAY: Such a busy week full of fun holiday festivities! Today began the neighbor gifts treats and visit to see Santa... I was on a mission this year to learn to make caramel. It became my quest... got the new thermometer and borrowed a pan and I was on a mission. First batch way to hard, second batch (Shepard's candy) a little soft but edible, third batch we are good to go! YEAH!!! I also did, as always, peppermint fudge! of which both batches turned out YUMMY and I ate too much.
The visit to see Santa was a great one this year.. Ryan came with us, no lines and all smiles! Perfect.. On the wish lists this year are; Mason- video games, anything but clothes (except jerseys don't count, he wants those) Ella- Make-up(are we going on 13?), and dollies, and Claire- well we were just happy she didn't cry during the picture!

TUESDAY: Litza's and Lights! Our annual tradition of going downtown and going to Litza's Pizza and Temple Square to see the lights! It was a great night... wonderful weather and happy children! As always, the lights are beautiful! They even had my red pine tree all lit up, it seems like that only happens every other year or so. Mason was excited and happy all night, Ella was lovey and in love with all the colors, and Claire was in amazement of all the beauty to look at. She was so fun to watch! Everything excited her! I love this tradition and look forward to it each Holiday season!!!













WEDNESDAY: We went down to the Conference Center with Ryan's family to see The Savior of the World. It was wonderful! We had seen it once before a few years ago and I was excited to go see it again! Beautiful singing and full of the spirit of Christ. Its about the people and events that led up to the birth of the Savior and then His Resurrection! It really help put me in a more "right" state of mind for this holiday season. It was nice to get away from all the lists, and rush, and shopping that has seemed to consume me! I love getting a taste of of what people might have been thinking, feeling, learning etc... back in the times of Christ birth, I couldn't help but wonder where and what I would have done and believed. I would hope that I would've believed that He was the Savior of the world as much as I do now! It is my center, my way of life and my anchor! Another special thing about that night was that Mason was able to come with us! A little over his head, but I loved watching the seed be planted in his heart!
THURSDAY: Ella had her preschool Christmas sing! She did wonderful! She loves to sing and was darling up there on stage! She really has a way of melting my heart! The entire program was heart warming and wonderful. Grandma, Mason, Me, Claire, Dad, Grandpa and Nana came to watch her! I think my favorite was the Angel song that shot out the lights the louder and better they sang it! Love these memories! She is getting too big!



FRIDAY: CRASH!!!

1 comment:

  1. You have such a cute family. You've been so busy! I got tired and nauseated all over again at all that you've done. I hope to see you over at Regan's soon. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete