Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend!!

What a busy weekend... I am still trying to recover from it all, but it was really fun and warmed my heart all weekend to be with family and friends! I was full of gratitude for all my wonderful blessings; from having my mom having dinner at her house this year and me not having a big load to cook (just a small one), to friends to shop with, to my kids playing great, and having sunny days to enjoy.
Thanksgiving day
It was my mom's turn to have it at her house this year on Thanksgiving day so we headed over their that afternoon for food, lots of laughs, stories, kids playing, and good times. I love getting together with my family. We are always able to chat for hours after dinner. Usually we rehash old stories that still make us laugh really hard, but that's what makes it fun! I am so grateful to have all been there this year!



Aren't we a cute family!

Black Friday
Yes I am one of the crazies who look forward to getting up at 3am to go shopping and find some great deals. It is nuts with crowds and lines screaming running women but so fun to be out in it! Jen, Andrea, Netell, Jamie and I headed out early to Kohl's and then on to Target and so on. I think I got some good deals that will hopefully make my kids Christmas that much more enjoyable. Tiff and her sisters, as usual, were so great to let us sneak in line with them at Target! Great girls! I loved being with my friends this year! We just laughed a lot and really had a great time helping each other blow some cash! Thanks girls!
When I finally made it home that afternoon we decided to take the kids to go see" A Christmas Carol" with Ryans parents. Which I was excited for but ended up being so disappointed in. So sad. It was just haunting and dark and not magical and Christmas feeling. My poor kids were scared and didn't enjoy it at all. The animation is awesome and the end was great but not the Christmas classic I was hoping for. Although Ryan did enjoy it more than the rest of us.
That night Ryan slept with the kids in the cabin. Not a great night sleep for all involved but the kids really enjoyed it and can't wait to do it again.

Saturday; BYU vs U of U game
We decided to have my brothers and their families over for the game. (my parents were in St George) So all that day was spent cleaning and putting up Christmas decorations followed by frying a turkey (our first time), which tasted wonderful, making dips, potatoes and cookies. So really busy but totally worth it in the end! It was a great game, great conversation with the girls, great game food, and the kids all played wonderfully. So depending on who you were rooting for I guess depends on if you were happy with the outcome of the game. BYU won in OT.


Here is a picture of my Christmas tree... I love my tree. I let my kids have their own tree in their rooms to decorate so I can have all the fun of decorating this one!

Sunday
Ryan's extended family decieded to do a project for kids who may be in need. So we all got together for Chili and to put a doll house together, painted furniture, tiled and carpeted floors, sewed curtains and bed spreads. it eas really nice and fun to do together. Ella really enjoyed painting and Mason helped his dad put furniture together. I can't remember the charity that we were donating it to but I am sure it will be a hit with some little girls! It was beautiful. And we were lucky to be a part of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment