Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the old and in with the new

So, 2009 is outta here... its bitter/sweet for me. Looking back I have to admit it wasn't the best of years for me. But in saying that I don't want to sound un-grateful for all the blessings that I have felt and witnessed over this passed year. So I am trying to find that balance of, "what really was this year for me?" In doing a lot of contemplating I have decided that hopefully one day I will be totally grateful for the trials gone through because I will be able to look back and have said that I faced the challenge head on, I went through the refiners fire, and I let the Lord mold and teach me. But as of right now I can only say that I am walking through them with a positive attitude and looking forward to coming out on top. Boy, its times like these where I wish blogging wasn't so public because I would really like to get more specific here but I know its not appropriate in this setting. At the same time, with this being my first year of blogging, I have really enjoyed the outlet, the journal experience of my thoughts and my family's experience and really look forward to continue this year. I also love hearing the comments and encouragement from others who now and again peak in on our lives, and the vice versa, I like peaking in on those who otherwise I wouldn't be able to hear about.
So this year was one that challenged me, my kids and my marriage. One of the things that I am most grateful for is the relationship and foundation that Ry and I built our marriage on. The trials have shown me that we are strong and can endure hard times, that we do cherish each other, and want this for eternity. We are a team and are better when we are together. We have in the past sailed through these past 8 years and this year was one where we had to role with punches, work and understand each other, and realize that anything worth having is something that you have to work at and for. I love and adore him and need him and our kids, desperately! Truly they are my biggest blessing! I am most thankful for that!
So on a more worldly aspect I was trying to think of some of the "big news" that happened this year... here are a few things I was able to remember... President Monson became the President of the Church, the economy sucks and there were soooo many bail outs and mis-used tax payer money that I don't have room to record all of it, Lady Gaga takes the music world by storm in her own weird way, a plane successfully lands/crashes in the Hudson River, The Twilight saga continues to grow and drive grown women crazy, Barack Obama became our President, Yankees, Steelers, and Lakers all won their championships, Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayze, and Farrah Faucet died, Brett Favre came back out of retirement to the Vikings and is actually doing great, Tiger Woods is a man slut and is now "in hiding" from the press, and we are in a recession. I am sure there are many many more things that happened and I will update as I think of them or am reminded of them, I am just totally blankin'.
Gratefully, my kids are all doing great, learning, growing, developing terrifically. Going through all the major milestones with smiles and fun. All are healthy and happy, a little spoiled, and definitely unconditionally loved. They are perfect and bring me more joy than any other thing or person could. I love being a mom, and I know that love is deep, its what I want to do even at the end of the most awful of days I can say at the end of the day that I want to do it again tomorrow and try to be better at it! We did have a lot of laughs and fun times this last year and can only hope and pray that we build on those and continue to be so blessed this next year.
So here's to the new year, 2010. Its gonna be a great one!

2 comments:

  1. I hope this year is a good one for you!! We need to meet for a bagel. I thought about you last night, I am coming down your way to GymCats on thursdays for my girls. They love it! We will chat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thoughts! I hope you know how much you inspire me! That's what were all here for to PULL each other along! You are an amazing mother and wife! Thanks for your example.

    ReplyDelete