Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Weekend Getaway with my girls


It seems to be turning into an annual getaway! My girlfriends and I were able to escape to St. George this last weekend to catch a bit a spring fever down there, relax, laugh a bunch, let loose and pamper ourselves for a few days! Really, I am so blessed to have such wonderful women who live right by me who I can learn so much from and at the same time get goofy and crazy with. So Andrea Lomu, Jen, Me, Andrea LeRoy, Yvett and Angie, with the help of our supportive hubbys (thanks so much guys!), ran away for a few days. Beautiful weather, facials, massages, shopping, eating out, going to a movie, watching chick-flicks at home, staying up late, and sleeping in, reading books, talking about how to be better moms and wives, getting silly and laughing with the ugly faces, and yes even some inappropriate subjects came up, you know the ones we all like to dive into to:) (questions like, "is this normal...", and "have you ever...?") Love it when we can get deep down and personal. So, I was able to get a facial down there, my absolute favorite. We found both the estition school and a massage school so prices were cheap and allowed for us to get a few extra treatments done! I for sure gained weight from all the treats and wished that laughing was a form of exercise!
I came home ready to try and fix a few of the things that I have been thinking about. Down there the subject of the 5 love languages came up for our children and I had already been thinking that Mason and I just aren't viben too much and of course when you are away it helps to get some perspective on the probs. I have let Ryan take over the "quality time" role with Mason lately and with that being one of Mason's love languages, I am coming to realise that I just need to sit down with him more and play, do what he is doing, even if that is playing WII or building Legos and show him in other ways that I adore him and cherish every moment with him. Maybe then him and I will start to see eye to eye again. In fact that night when I came home I was tucking him in and he said to me, "Mom, how come you don't say to come and see you when I am done with something like dad does so we can do something together?" We talked about things we can do together and it just confirmed I was on the right track. So that was my big epiphany down there. Hopefully I can put it into practice now.
Ryan and the kids did great with me being gone, with the exception of Claire getting sick with the flu, that wasn't fun for them at all. But every time I leave I swear I come back thinking, "Do they really need me? The house is picked up and all they did was play and have a great time?" Ryan built a go-cart that they played with (which I am a bit nervous about but they LOVE it), they went out to eat, went to a movie, and just played all weekend long. Maybe I'll have to take off more often:)





So just what I needed... a great weekend with some great women! I am really LUCKY to be surrounded by such great friends! Thanks girls! And THANKS Ryan for letting me run away and taking such great care of our kids! LOVE ya!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! Every woman needs a great girl getaway! Looks like some fun girls!!!!

    ReplyDelete