Friday, February 5, 2010

Daughter

I went skiing with my dad again this morning... Ryan was kind enough to take the morning off and let me hit the slopes with my dad for a few hours (Man, I owe my hubby big time...he is spoiling me rotten lately!) While I was up there I got to thinking about how much I enjoy feeling like a "daughter". Sounds weird, I know. But I think as I have gotten older and became a mother and wife myself the role of "daughter" and "little girl" hasn't been in the forefront of my mind. I of course talk to my mom just about every day and see my family at Sunday dinners but I find myself trying to be the "mother hen" to all of them and have the feeling that I need to take care of them all. Not bad feelings at all but I have to say that I enjoyed being with my "daddy" today, playing and enjoying quality time with him as he took care of me and watched out for me. Loved seeing him in his element, he is a rock star up there on those slopes and am honored that he would want to share his passion with me. Being a daughter really is a gift I treasure. I am grateful to both my parents who watch out for me in their own special ways even when I have kids of my own and am grown up now. People ask me all the time how I liked being the only girl with 4 brothers as well as the only granddaughter in our family and I have to say, I loved it! I was/am spoiled and have always had a special place in the heart of my parents and grandparents that I treasure. Wouldn't change anything!
It was a great morning up at Snowbird today and a lot of fun, I think I am really going to enjoy this hobby and can't wait to get Ryan and Mason up there soon and hopefully even my girls eventually! Thanks dad, Love you!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this thought, of being a daughter. You're right, we get so caught up in our other roles, that it is so great to spend time with a parent or both of them and be their girl again. I am glad you and your dad are having fun on the slopes together.

    ReplyDelete