Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bitten by the horse bug?

So my Ella has been bitten with the horse bug... from the time she was tiny she was in love with Nana and Papas horses. Not intimidated or scared at all. Will sit on or ride any of them no matter how big they are, she loves to help feed them, and give them treats! But my Claire hasn't been sure at all about them. She gets a little tense and nervous when they are up close. She loves looking at books of horses and can say "ssarsies" aka.. horsies but today we made a break through. We took Ella out to the barn for her first official lesson today to see if she is ready or not to start riding and can pay attention long enough to do this, and of course she loved every minute of it! Learned how to steer and stop today!:) But Claire has been so into whatever her big sister has been doing lately that I think seeing Ella so comfortable around horses really helped her and put her at ease. After spending some time in the barn playing with the kitty and visiting all the "ssarsies" she leaned in for a kiss and a love with one of them! She really seemed a bit more at ease today with them. Now if only I can jump on the wagon:) It seems like I need to get used to this horse life! My Ella is in love! and who know about my Claire Bear... maybe she's next?!

No comments:

Post a Comment