Monday, March 15, 2010

Snowbird

I have been needing to sit down and get all caught up on the ski trips the last couple of weeks... so here goes. A couple of weeks ago my dad, Brodie, and, me were able to add to our weekend ski group for the day... Ryan, Dallas and Lisa came with us! SO FuN!!I think my dad was on cloud 9 all day to have 3 of his kids and 2 kid-in-laws up there with him. It would be a dream come true for him to have the whole family up there. what a fun day Dallas and Lisa have only been skiing 1 or 2 other times before so it was really fun to watch them pick it back up. They did really good and by the end of the day were feeling lots more confidant and were able to try a couple other lifts. Dallas is always one to give us a good laugh though... how he always manages to break things is beyond us. He borrowed some of my dads graphite ski poles and managed to shatter them after a couple of runs. Seriously impressive.

And our first run off the ski lift together he managed to crash into all of us while trying to pose for the first picture of the day


This is the after shot!

I loved having Ryan up there. The last time he went with us was a couple of years ago and was in some really old skis that were not weighted right for him and he ended up crashing about every 10 feet, spouting a few choice words to the mountain, and punching a few new holes on the mountain side...
These are from a couple of years ago...


This time he rocked it... all it took was the right skis, who knew? It was really fun to have him up there. Although i do have to say that he is way too hard on himself. It was so frustrating to see him get so mad if he fell or wasn't able to fly down the mountain like a pro. He just wants to be the best at all he does, which is not bad at all... just needs to be patient with himself. I think it gave him the bug to get some of his own skis for next year. He really enjoyed it.! Maybe then we can go more together. What a fun day!


Ryan was adjusting his boots when my dad sprayed him good!

Going through the tunnel over to Mineral Basin

Awesome views on the Basin side!


This last weekend I went again with my Dad and Brodie, it was snowing really hard. I haven't ever skied in a storm like that before. It was really pretty, no wind just big pretty flakes and gorgeous scenery. It feels so good to push myself physically and do something that I didn't think I could do. Each time I get off the mountain I am left wondering why I don't exercise more and look forward to the high that comes from it. Maybe not everything is quite as fun as skiing:0. What a great day, my brother and dad were of course crazy and hilarious. Never a dull moment from the singing, to joke telling, to the funny stories. I am a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment