Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sundays

You gotta love Sundays... A typical day for us is usually after the church craziness (I mean spiritualness:) of keeping kids happy during their nap time aka... Claire, as well as listening to great lessons (which they really were today), we can usually come home for some lunch, naps and movies (or watch whatever game is on) and then either we go to one of our parents house for dinner or we stay home and I cook something yummy (tonights menu: lasagna, corn bread and green beans with Ryan trying a rice pudding recipe for dessert!) In the meantime the kids are playing baseball with Ryan in the backyard, in the spring sunshine. After dinner is usually AFV (Americas Funny Home Videos) and lots of laughs! Really, the perfect life.
I was just watching my family a bit ago and wondering if I really do appreciate this Sabbath day enough and if I really do appreciate the time that we have today to be a family and relax and worship the Lord. What a blessing it is to have this day set aside to go to church and think, pray and play with loved ones. I am so blessed to have my little family and to have the gospel in my life. Today I am especially grateful for the Sabbath day and all that it brings; for the calmness and perspective I get from days like today! Love being with my family!!

Quote of the week: Mason made his baseball team this week, the Lehi Tigers!!!!! We are so excited for him. Its been a struggle this season finding a team (a whole other blog entry) but at his practice this last Saturday coach told Mason to go play short stop (his favorite position and one that he hasn't been playing as much as he would like to) and he ran out to short jumping up and down saying, "he finally understands me!!!" What an All Star!!! Go get 'em Mas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment