Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baptism


Dear Mason~
Today you were baptised and I am in such awe of you! I remember thinking when you were born that your spirit just had this amazing ability to bring people together and to fill a room and today you reminded me of that again. I have to thank you... I haven't felt the spirit that strongly in too long and today it filled me up and I know its because of you and how ready and willing and excited you were. Your faced beamed today with joy... pure joy. Your eyes lit up and were so bright yet you had the sweetest reverence about you. Sitting next to you I could feel your warmth and I just know that the Lord and your Father in Heaven were with you today and were so happy with your decision to enter the waters of baptism. Your testimony is pure and simple and strong and I hope that you never let life complicate that. In you confirmation blessing your dad blessed you to be honest always and to seek after the approval of you Father in Heaven instead of your friends and if you did that then all would be good in life. He blessed you to be a leader to those around you and let you know just how much your family loves you! I think my favorite parts of the day were watching you as you listened to both of your grandmas give their talks, you were so serene and interested and full of love for them. My other favorite part was after your confirmation you gave your dad a huge hug and just sat on his lap and loved on him with tears in your eyes for a couple of minutes. It was beautiful! I love you so much, these past 8 years have gone by too fast and it scares me to think that the next 8 might go as quickly, but at the same time I am excited to watch your life unfold and go on adventures with you... I just know you are meant for great things! The spirit was so strong today... almost indescribable. And you have been so worried about "sinning" now that you are clean. I hope you always keep that desire in your heart and also learn and accept that none of u s are perfect and need repentance and the atonement in our lives. But for now it is so cute to watch you try so hard. Thank you for your testimony and willingness to share and live it! I am most grateful to be your mom, truly my greatest blessing! I love you and am so proud of you! Congrats on such a wonderful day! LOVE YOU!!!

Dear Ryan ~
What a wonderful day! I just needed to thank you for being you and for being such a righteous priesthood holder. I am so grateful for the man that you are and for the ability you have and the respect you have for your priesthood responsibilities and gifts. I love listening to you give blessings... you are so thoughtful, and in tune with what the Lord needs to say and full of the spirit when you speak and pray. I love how emotional you got both during the baptism and the conformation. We are lucky to have you in our lives. Mason looks up to you in just about everything he does, you are his hero! And honestly, he could not have chosen anyone better to follow than you. Thank you for preparing him and yourself for such a special day. I love you! It was a great day... one I will cherish always. Thank You!!! All my love

I also just wanted to thank those who helped make today so special... to my Mom and to Steph for your beautiful talks, both grandpas for witnessing, Mitch and Sean for your prayers and Ally and Jen for your musical abilities and then to all those who came and helped me prepare food and fun... All of my family, all of Ryan's family, the Scotts, the Schenks, the Leroys, the Lomus, the Housleys, and the Richards. We are spoiled with great friends and family. I also just wanted to share my testimony of the importance of this ordinance... It truly is beautiful and and majestic. I know that it opens the gates to heaven, I know that the Lord has provided a way for all of us to return to Him and our Father. I know the Christ is our friend and brother in every sense of the word and I am so grateful for that. I know the priesthood power has been restored to this earth through the prophet Joseph Smith and I know that families can be together forever. Of which I am eternally grateful, I am sure it will take me that long to getting to be a good mother, daughter, wife, sister and friend. I love the Lord, I am grateful for the prophets and scriptures and those experiences I have had in my life that have brought me closer to my Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus Christ... Amen








1 comment:

  1. congrats to your cute Mason! Such a wonderful day! You know how to celebrate!!!!

    ReplyDelete