Tuesday, July 6, 2010

St George Summer Fun

pArTy wEeK bring on jUlY....I don't even know where to start this one... we have had a fun filled, memorable and crazy week full of party!!! Lets see if I can sum it up... I went down with my kids and my mom to St. George for some fun in the sun for a few days (Sunday- Wednesday). I look forward to this each year; I get to play with my kids and chill with my mom. What could be better. Some of the favorite moments were... sPlAsH pAdS- Claire loved the first one, we were almost the only ones there and she loved having her space and being able to run the show. She skipped and ran every where, she dunked her head in the water over and over again, she ate 1/2 a bag of Doritos, played with toys and was a crazy woman that never stopped smiling. Mason and Ella squirted each other with squirt guns and ran and played to their hearts content. We had lunch and by the end of the 2 1/2 hrs of 109 degrees we were all spent. The next splash pad we went to the next day Mason and Ella ran and played and splashed and made friends and played spy with the squirt guns and had a great time. Claire was a bit grumpier, lots more people there and she did not like sharing her space or water and she let the kids around her know it. The temper was at full speed and the lungs were warmed up and ready for some screaming. But when she found a happy spot to play with no one bothering her she was good. She also ate the other 1/2 bag of Doritos (could not get the girl away from them). We took my mom to see Toy Story 3 (my favorite one of the series), we ate at our favorites...Pizza Factory, burgers, and Toblers Cookies, dollar store and Target runs for the kids, movies, watched bats at night with Mason, loved seeing my mom and Ella snuggle up in bed together, stayed up late watching movies with my mom, played outside in the back, played at the park across the street, and the kids all slept great!!!! One memorable, yet not so fun memory was the ride down there... kids were not happy about the drive and then to top it off Claire had to blow out TwIcE everywhere!!!! Love cleaning up nastiness on the side of the freeway; luckily it wasn't foreshadowing things to come:)
I really am grateful and look forward to this each year, my mom and I were talking about how it probably won't be too much longer before Mason isn't too excited about just coming down with his mom and grandma to play at water parks. He is going to have to have his dad come down to golf and play baseball and tennis with constantly... us girls just won't be able to cut it anymore. And Ella is going to be wanting pedicures, lunch, shopping and laying out days before I know it. They grow up too fast!! But I am so happy to have this sImPle time to be able to come down and play and enjoy each other. I hope they have fond memories of it growing up! As a mom it is so great to take the time out to just play and watch my kids play and not stress about house and everyday stuff. And the cherry on top is to be sitting there laughing with my mom about how crazy my kids are and enjoying every minute of it!!! Thanks mom for a great trip!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment