Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It takes a viLLaGe

I am so grateful for my "village" that I just needed to put it down and send a shout out to all those around me who help me. I really believe that it take a village to raise a child and I am lucky enough to live in one that is fabulous! I am so grateful that my kids have so many friends to play with who are all great kids and who all come from great families, I am so grateful for the parents who love my kids, feed my kids, let them play over there for endless hours, take them with them on outings, watch out for my kids, care for my kids, laugh at my kids craziness, and encourage and support them in all their endeavors. I am so grateful to have great fRiEnDS around mE who call me to chat and catch up while they are folding their laundry, who sit outside with me while we watch our kids play, who share recipes, who let me confide in them and who confide in me, who extend their kindness through phone calls, visits, GNO's, and service without even thinking twice, who don't judge me for being grubby with no makeup on, who inspire me to do better, who set great examples in mothering, for picking something up at the grocery store for me, advise me, who can be silly with me one moment and spiritual with me the next, and who know the true definition of being a friend. I aDoRe my friends and have a tough time putting it into words just how much i lOvE them. I am grateful that Ryan is able to have many friends around him to go to movies with, share his talents with, coach with, and serve with, laugh with and be himslef. "Where" you live is just so important.... the neighborhood, the schools, and the influence the community and neighborhood have on your family in just huge! I am truly blessed to live in such a wonderful village! Thank you for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment