Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Perspective

There was a girl a few years younger than me who was killed tragically in a bike accident last week named Bunny. She was a young mother of 2 girls and a wife of a husband who adored her. Through talking to so many people about her it seems as though her life touched so many. The ripples of her death and life have extended further than I am sure she could even imagine. My heart has just been broken for her family... her husband especially, for having to pick up the pieces and move on to raise their 2 young girls alone. In thinking so much about this this last week it gave me some perceptive on truly how precious life is and what a gift it is that I have been given to be able to go to bed each night and wake up a mother and wife, daughter, sister and friend to those who are around me. I have hugged my kids a little tighter this week and am so grateful that I can be their mom and Ryan's wife. I have also been able to think about the big picture more and have been so grateful for the knowledge and testimony that I have of the plan of salvation. I know that she is happy and in a better place... even a place where she has something even bigger to do right now than raise her girls, as hard as that is to imagine. I know the Lord has a plan and will bless the lives of those she left behind. Its this knowledge that brings me peace when something like this happens. All who knew her have expressed how bright and great she was... she inspired even me, someone who didn't know her, to be better and live life a little better than I have been. I am so grateful to be here, to be raising my kids, and to have been raised by my incredible parents, to be a sister to 4 brothers, to be an aunt to 4 1/2 nieces and nephews, a sister and daughter-in-law, and a friend to those who surround me. I am grateful that I am sealed to my family and that I kNoW that there is life after this... a life full of possibilities, learning, majesty, serving, and loving. I thank the Lord and my Father in Heaven for this great gift. And I thank this young mother for living her life in a way that touched so many others for the good. Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment