Friday, August 7, 2009

HaPPy BiRtHdaY to ME!! 32-WHOA!

What a fun day ... well week I had celebrating my birthday! There is nothing like a birthday to feel the love from your family and friends. I was able to celebrate all week with friends and family... and on the actual day so many people gave me some shout outs and showed me so much love. It totally boosts my spirits to know that so many people were thinking of me... thanks! 32 not quite too sure how that sounds yet... I am thinking that the 30's shouldn't be too bad but I am still talking myself into that. It really is a great time in life for me; I am raising my 3 beautiful kids, I love being a stay at home mom, really like where I live, am so blessed to live a beautiful home that has friends and family that surround me, Ryan and my kids. We have our health and limitless possibilities out there, I have a hard working husband who adores me and would do anything for us. I am blessed and grateful for my life. I just think I am going to have to get used to say "32" out loud.:) On a more serious note; I am not quite sure I am completely happy with me personally. I don't feel like I am reaching my potential in personal more selfish ways. For example, there are some days that I just think "Wow! You really are that mom who yells too much, eats way too many treats, won't exercise enough but still complains about her weight, needs to be more creative with her kids and get in touch with a more artistic side, watches too much TV, needs to accomplish some more individual goals, and needs to magnify my church callings better." Kind of a heavy birthday thought huh... Well instead of letting that drag me to a place where its hard to get up from I want to try to pick it apart and work on it piece by piece. I need to get in shape and figure out some fun creative things to do with my kids more, lets start with that! I am hoping that when I am looking back next year being shocked that I am 33 I can say that I have grown as a mom, wife, friend, and can be a little more happy with myself! So here's to a great year full of adventure and not focusing on obstacles or making excuses!

On to more fun topics... the actual b-day! I love going to lunch with my parents (we do it every year on my b-day) I love sitting with them and watching their faces as I try to relax and have fun yet keep my kids from tearing the restaurant apart:). This year we went to Rubios and then my mom and I went shopping for some home decor stuff. Lots of fun! That night Ryan spoiled me by taking me to LaCaille that night for dinner! It was my first time there. It was fun getting all dressed up (for something other than church) and going out to a nice dinner and beautiful setting and just focusing on each other. Unfortunately our dinners weren't that great, salads and desserts were awesome. But thesteak and salmon were not. The ambiance was perfect and made up for that though! We walked around the grounds after and really just enjoyed each other. He is my best friend, I feel so lucky to have him with me in my life, I need him, and adore him more than I can express! Thanks for a memorable night Ry! You always know the perfect thing to do! He is great at surprises and overdoing it! For my gift he had a friend of ours make some jewelry that he knew I loved... so thoughtful!

What a great celebration... I feel very lucky and grateful for all of you and you concern and love for me! Happy 32nd to me!






1 comment:

  1. Such CUTE pics of you and Ryan on your b-day! Looks and sounds like it was a good one. YOU DESERVE IT!

    ReplyDelete