Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ScHoOL iS iN!

It is official... school has begun for both Ella (pre-school) and Mason (2nd grade)!!! And I think we are ready... as always I feel a little guilty being excited about my kids getting back to school and having some peace and organization back in the house. Mason is just plain old bored I think, and has now decided teasing his sister is the number one game of choice to play. So, yes school is definitely needed for all involved. But at the same time I still got the lump in my throat as I put Mason on the bus the first day and as Ella jumped out of the car....bitter sweet feelings for the moment. But mostly sweet!
Ella started her first year of preschool at Newcastle. Her teacher is Miss Linda this year and I think she is going to do just great! The first day she had no problem getting out of the car and walking into her classroom with the teachers-aid... all by herself! And hasn't looked back since! She goes Tues and Thurs from 12:15-3:15. I am really excited for her, she is ready to learn new things and start to put her little independent streak to good use and feel like a big girl. I really like the school, Mason went there as well and I am loving their program. Lots of art, music, and field trips to compliment all the academic stuff they learn. On a side note... she is so fun to dress for school!!! Lots (too much) school shopping was done on her behalf! I am sure I am starting something I won't be able to keep up with in later years-YiKes!

Ella on her orientation day


First day of school outfit!

Mason is really in 2nd grade! I hated my 2nd grade year!!! Miss Merell had to have been the meanest lady out there! We would get smacked with rulers and our hair pulled and yelled at all the time. Needless to say... I didn't see her teaching again after that year. So I can only hope that Mas has a much better teacher and year than I did, and I am sure he will! Mrs Nuckles is fresh out of school with this being her first year. She seems really nice and excited to be there. As usual, at the school open house, Mason went and picked the desk in the very front and center of the classroom and turned and said to me, "this is the best spot to see mom!" He did the same thing last year. I could not be happier with his spot! LOL... His only concern thus far was that his room is in a portable and what was he going to do if he needed a drink or has to go to the bathroom, "because I am not waisting my recess time for that kinda stuff..." I told him I am sure it would get figured out! I am really looking forward to seeing him grow this year! He'll do great!


2nD GrAdE heRe wE cOmE!


Neighbor friends waiting for the bus stop
Aliyah, Kate, Braden, Zach, Jane and Mason


See ya later mom!

So I guess this is the official good buy to summer... it was a great one full of lots of fun and playing with my kids! I am sure by next spring I will be ready again for it to come back, but as for now I am embracing school and enjoying this time as well!

1 comment:

  1. Camille - Fun to find your blog! Your kids are darling!! I have heard great things about Newcastle, are you living in Draper? That is where I am? I feel the same way, so ready for school to be in!!
    Lisanne

    ReplyDelete