Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Trials...

We are all faced with trials in our lives, some we bring on ourselves and some we are faced with because we love the person and are trying to help, some we are going through because we are the side effect and get to help pick up the pieces, and sometimes its all those reasons and more. I am faced with one of the toughest trials I have yet to face in my life right now and am finding that I have more strength within me than I thought. I guess the Lord knows what He is doing...that if I turn it over to Him and practice the gospel principles such as faith, patience, compassion, and prayer that He will help you to overcome anything and even help you to see the positive side of this tough spot. I have been given a few quotes that I have really found strength from and wanted to share...
Joseph B Wirthlin-"Every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don't sing and bells don't ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser and happier as a result."
Neil L Anderson- "Challenges, difficulties, question, doubts-these are part of mortality. But we are not alone. As disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, we have enormous spiritual reservoirs of light and truth available to us. Fear and faith cannot coexist in out heart at the same time. In our days of difficulty, we choose the road of faith. Jesus said, "Be not afraid, only believe."
Jeffrey R Holland-" Take heart, be filled with faith and remember the Lord has said He would fight our battles, our children's battles, and the battles of our children's children."
Henry B Eyring-"You need never never be discouraged or afraid. The way through difficulties has always been prepared for you and you will find it if you exercise faith."
I choose faith instead of fear, trust instead of doubt, love instead of hatred, happiness instead of sadness. And even though I have tough days where its hard to see past the minute I know that we will make it! That we will be stronger, and will at some point in our lives be able to help others because of the battles we have fought!
I am hoping that by writing this down that on those hard days I will have this to look back at and remind myself of what I need to remember and put into practice. Some say that we need to be grateful for our weaknesses and trials, I don't know that I am there yet, but hopefully one day. I am definitely more humble and reliant on the Lord now and hope to continue in that growth.

1 comment:

  1. You know what . . . sometimes life is just hard. And I think it is great to know it and feel it and not try to pretend it is just okay. I think it is so wonderful to have faith because truly that is sometimes the only thing to get you through. You are smart and you sure have your head on straight! I have no clue what your trial is, but I do know that you are one amazing woman! So hang in there!

    ReplyDelete