Saturday, August 15, 2009

SEasOns

I feel so blessed to live in the Salt lake Valley for a lot of reasons but the one that has been on my mind lately is that I am so grateful for seasons and the weather changes we have around here! I find my self looking forward to each season as they start to roll around. As well as, I love that, even though the day might be really hot the nights always cool off. Or the day might be full of rain storms but the evenings will calm down.Or even its a mess in the valley but clear in the mountains or visa versa. I just feel like it is a real blessing to have this in our lives. I think what got me thinking about this is my favorite season is coming... FALL!!! We have now had a few "cool" weekends to get us in the mood, school is about to start (whew we made it! :), football is underway (yeah!), caramel apples, jeans and boot shopping is around the corner, kids school shopping has already happened, soups and warm drinks, Halloween, general conference, yards are all grown in, the taste and smells of all kinds of pumpkin treats, fall colored leaves on trees, and bundling up, gardens producing their crop and zucchini bread making.I just love the colors of fall, that is what has really inspired me for the decorating of my house. I just feel cozy when fall is here, between the colors and and what it represents I wanted to bring that in my home all year long. This season definitely does no last long enough... I always hope for a good long one... 6-8 weeks. Lets keep our fingers crossed this year!
Things I love about other seasons...
Spring- Renew and rebirth, yard work, fresh air, kids playing outside, reminds me of a burst of energy, Ryan is back to the work he likes, opening the windows, and spring cleaning!
Summer- kids are out of school, swim lessons and water slides, playing with my kids, BBQ's and salads, tan lines on my cute kids bodies, no morning schedule, hanging out in the backyard, going to the cabin, late nights and playing with friends...reminds me of a ParTy, hot, laying in the hammock listening to the waterfall, gardens growing.
Winter- maybe my least favorite of all but... I love the holidays and can't imagine them without snow, fires in the fire place, cleanliness of the snow, hot chocolate, I am going to be a better skier this year (hopefully that will get me through Jan. and Feb.), sledding with the kids, we seem to do "in home projects this time of year, blankets and snuggling.

Ryan always quotes his Papa this time of year, he says, "Spring is cool with warm breezes and fall is warm with cool breezes." We are so blessed to live in such a gorgeous place with such a variety and abundance of blessings coming our way!
Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment