Monday, August 9, 2010

Bear Lake

The last weekend in July we went with Ryan's family to a place I have never been but always wanted to go... Bear Lake! Yes, I know crazy that I have never been there before and as crazy as that seems I can even top that... I have never been to Lake Powell either. What am I thinking... I know! So anyways... we headed up there on a beautiful weekend with the fam! Honestly it just wasn't long enough. We left on a Friday afternoon and were home by Sunday evening! We really needed another day or two up there. It was really fun. Friday night was spent playing in the pool, grocery shopping and going out to eat. Saturday we rented a boat for the day and took the wave runner out and headed to the beach for the day! My kids could play at the beach endlessly... no fighting, no complaining... it is great. The sand, water, endless bags of chips, and treats keep them totally occupied! Especially my Ella... the girl is a bEaCh BuM... she is my one who when she turns 18 leaves me and moves to California to live on the beach and get a tattoo (she better not:)...Although she loves the beach and playing around in the shallow water... not the boat or wave runner so much. One ride and she was good for the day. Mason loves the wave runner and went out on the boat with us... he even tubed. But getting him in the lake to swim scares him to death. To be honest... the boy is a terrible swimmer. We have had him in dozens of lesson and he just cant get it...but is so athletic in just about everything else. So deep water did not sit well with him but we got him out there and he swam around with me a bit. Ryan wake boarded awesomely...no surprise! He is a stud at just about everything he tries. I even tried to get up and did once for about 10 seconds and then could not do it again for the life of me. But had a great time trying. Claire just played and played and played wherever we took her. She loved it! That night we had incredible raspberry shakes and burgers followed by watching the X-games and hanging out! The weekend definitely went by too fast and I keep telling Ryan that I wanna go back soon. It was just so beautiful!!! Thanks for a wonderful weekend everyone! So good to play with you!
PS... just thought of one thing I can do with out for a while though... my kids are obsessed with the Black EyedPeas... holy moly... if I have to listen to Boom Boom Pow, Rock that Body, or Tonights Gonna be a Good Night... one more time!!!! They sang and danced the heck outta those songs every time we got in the truck!







No comments:

Post a Comment