Saturday, August 21, 2010

Random thoughts

So I guess you know that summer is almost done when...the smell of zucchini bread and peach cobbler are in the house, back to school shopping, the kids won't stop fighting, I am yelling more:), the sound of a morning routine is almost appealing, soups and baking sound yummy, back to school nights, cramming the last week of summer all the fun stuff in that you didn't get around to doing with the kids during the middle of summer, football starts, school starts, nights cool off, water the grass less, get excited to break out the jeans,sweaters and boots, start to plan the family fall picture...
I feel really lucky and grateful that Ryan likes to unwind by playing with the kids. He really is amazing when it comes to playing with them... he can let go of everything and just be with them whether is snuggling, playing a game, going on dates with them, it really doesn't mater. He loves being with his kids! It is one of my favorite things about him. One of his quirks that kills me is that I think he has a little man crush on Tom Cruise:) Every time he comes out with a new movie Ryan strives to get his hair to look like Toms...what a funny guy!
Claire has a birthday coming up... I can't believe she is almost 2... trying to decide what kinda party to do. Sunday dinner for everyone or just cake and ice-cream... what should I get her? She is an amazing little girl... so lucky to be her mom. She definitely keeps me on my toes.
I have got to figure out better ways to dealing with stress... its going to be a part of my life, right? Loosing my fair, gaining weight, and not sleeping are just not working for me! I know the answer... exercise!!! better get on that!
I really wanted my garden to work this year! I love having a garden but have struggled finding the best place for it in my yard...needed better sunlight, more water, better soil... Our house in Millcreek had a huge and amazing garden and that's where I fell in love it gardening. But so far here it hasn't been quite the same. Oh well... we'll keep trying!
Better get back to being a mom!!! Thanks for letting me get some of those random thought outta my head. Maybe I can focus a bit better!

No comments:

Post a Comment