Saturday, August 28, 2010

Storm Clouds

This post is probably more info than most of you want to hear about but I just got to thinking and realised that I needed to put this one down for me...The past 6 weeks or so have felt like there has been a constant rain cloud and storm around me. I feel as though I am either preparing for the worst or dealing with the aftermath and to tell you the truth I am just not sure when relief and peace will come. But tonight as I was sitting there with both girls on my lap watching backyardagains, the thought came to me that I need to be grateful for the breaks in the weather and for being able to feel the warm sun on my face... even if only for a short time before the clouds come back. And then I got to thinking about what those sunny spots have been when the clouds have parted and I just felt as though I needed to count my blessing and write them down for me to remember and refer to.
sUnNy SpOTs-
-Love watching Mason play football today... its one of my favorite things to see him excel in sports and be so in love with playing the game...love going to the games, even if they are high stress:) Love seeing him get pumped up, catch touchdowns and kill quarterbacks!
-I took Ella today for her first pedicure. Her and I have been fighting a lot lately and I just felt like we needed to do something fun and be each others best friend today. So we got peds. Her sweet face was priceless as she was doted on. She loved choosing the colors, soaking in the water and getting those nails painted. I look forward to many more times at the nails spa with my girls.
-Ryan's face when he is driving the Bronco is so funny. He has this funny grin and total joy written all over his face. I love seeing him pull in the driveway. He is obsessed with this car... its his new baby!
Incredible friends who drop by and spend a bunch of time with me just chatting and getting my mind off all the crap. And who also allow me to help ease their burdens. They are like sisters to me and I love them to pieces!
-My parents dropping by to say hi and see the kids and check in.
-At our Relief Society Retreat last night (I'm on the enrichment committee) we had a great turn out and it seemed like the girls had fun and were spiritually fed by President and Sister Yadon. The topic was, The Beauty Within, and I think we were able to really begin to feel what our worth is as daughters of God and whats important in our lives. I really enjoyed my calling and being able to see the inspiration that we had as a committee months ago come to life and touch those sisters.
-I am not a big reader but a book series called, The Great and Terrible was recommend to me recently by my mom and a few other gals and I am completely engulfed and excited to get lost in the stories. I finished the first book in a couple of days which is a record for me!

I know that I have many more blessing that Heavenly Father has blessed me with but I just felt like those were the ones recently that have seemed to part the clouds and let the most light in. I am hoping and praying that soon I will feel more sun than rain in my life but until then I will cherish the breaks in the weather.

2 comments:

  1. WOW I really love reading your blog. You have such a great way of writing. I have felt what you are feeling many times. Try to keep feeling the sun. I know it get hard, but hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get together Call me 801-891-5029. Or text me your #.

    ReplyDelete