Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Saying goodbye to Callie

We had to say goodbye today to one of Ryan's parents horses who really is just the sweetest horse. Callie is 26 or 27 now and it is just time for her to go... getting old is no fun. She isn't feeling very well and we all thought best to put her to sleep. So we went over to give her one last love and a bunch of treats to let her know how much we love her and will miss her. Mason really surprised me...over the last few years he hasn't been too interested in the horses, but when he was younger he rode Callie a lot in lead line classes in shows or just playing around at the house. He was in tears when we told him what was going to happen. He kept telling her she was a good friend and he must have fed her 10 carrots and kept giving her lots of loves. It was the sweetest thing. Animals have a way of getting into our hearts and leaving an impression. We are so grateful that Callie was so kind and gentle with my kids in introducing them to riding horses. She always took great care of them! We love you Callie!

Quote of the day: After trying to comb Ella's hair and it being full of tangles, I asked her, " Ella why is your hair so messy?" "Well mom, I can't help it when you make me wear my new, fastest shoes(she just got some new Nike's), I go so fast that my hair is just going to be a mess." She cracks me up!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl! I cant believe I havent run into you at school yet! I also cant believe Grace and Mason have never been in the same class! What the heck! Anyway, hope you are good. I miss you! I wish we saw each other more.

    ReplyDelete