Tuesday, June 8, 2010

8 is gReAt


June 6th 2002... the day I became a mom. There is just something special about having your 1rst child that never leaves you. And now I can't believe that day was 8 years ago. I am in big trouble if the next 8 years go by as fast as the first 8 has. Before I know it we are going to be fighting about me buying him a car or him buying his own... Yikes! I could not be prouder of who Mason is and who he is becoming. All I see in his future are amazing things... truly he has no limitations (well except for being the Ginnie pig for his dad and I ... hopefully we don't mess him up to much) Luckily he came with a big heart and a desire to always do good. He still is a ball on energy that only stops when it is forced upon him. He is an athlete in every sense of the word... loves just about every sport and excels in them. I can't remember him ever complaining about having to go to a practice or a game. He loves sports... baseball, football, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis...you name it. I love that about him, its one of my favorite things to go to one of his games and cheer him on. I really hope he continues through out his life in sports! He is the best big brother... he sisters adore him. He is a protector to them, he plays with them, yes he does tease them to no end, but he truly loves them and I love watching them watch out for each other. His dad and him and the best of friends... Mason insists on them hanging out every night. They have to play something; catch, cards, video games, watch TV, read a book... something, and if its too late he is so disappointed. He loves his dad being at practices and seeks his approval beyond all others. In a way I envy their relationship a bit. One thing I worry about a bit is I see some compulsive behavior with him especially in video games. When he gets started that is all he can focus on and when its taken away or when its uses as a motivation (or bribe:) that is all he can focus on. He loves playing. I stress some about that, hopefully I can help him get a grip. Luckily he does play a bunch with his friends and run and plays outside to no end as well. So I guess what I am trying to teach him is moderation in all things. Lets see if I can list some of his favorites... colors; red, orange & blue, food; cereal, chicken and rice, sour candy, mac & cheese & hot wings, shows; Sponge Bob, & StarWars Clonewars, teams; Packers, Red Sox, Jazz & Cavs, school subjects; recess, PE, computers, & math, sports; baseball, best friends, Braden, Jane, & Cade. He has lost 4 teeth so far, he hates wearing underwear and shirts:), loves cuddling with blankets at night, has a huge heart with not one mean bone in his body, a bit of a tease, hates wearing jeans and would live in warm-ups, basketball shorts and jerseys, loves building with Legos and creating tanks and airplanes (we may have an engineer on our hands), makes awesome paper airplanes, would stay up all night if I let him, loves to go to work with his dad, is quite the negotiator and deal maker, needs to work on his handwriting, excels in math and problem solving, makes friends where ever he goes, loves to be with his family, needs to work on focus a bit, a social butterfly, hates his hair gelled up, great at cleaning the basement, takes care of those he loves and has wonderful things in store for him. He is smart and talented and has a desire to do well in everything he does. I am so privileges to be his mom. He is an amazing kid!!!! LOVE you Mas. Happy 8 buddy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment