Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lehi Tigers


I have said many times... Baseball is my favorite season! I am sad to say that it has come to an end this year. Usually by the end of any season I am ready to move on but for some reason this time I'm not. Mason played this year for the first time on a Super League team. It was a good introduction to one. Usually Super League teams are super intense, loaded with games and tournaments but this team had a bit of a late start so we went middle of the road and played not as many games and weren't quite as intense as anticipated. It was a good balance, which is what I keep telling myself because I am finding out more and more I am the ultra competitive crazy mom who wants Mason to be the star and shine at everything (no pressure Mas), wants to coaches to see all his talent and put him in the choice spots all game. Yes, I know I am crazy and tell myself to chill, all the time:) But really I just want him to excel and continue to LOVE the game... which he does. He loves baseball! So anyway, he had a great season full of ups and downs, but definitely ended on a high note of not striking out at all in the last 2 games and fielding all the balls hit to him... YEAH!!! He is full of talent and love of the game and now its just teaching him to focus and have a bit more killer instinct and drive... Hopefully it will come with age and time. (Yes, I know he is only 8 :) He played outfield and 3rd base most of the season and did great! As usual, made lots of new friends, Porter being the new best buddy on the team. Ryan spent a lot of time in the backyard working and playing with him and sharing this common love of the game. We love baseball around here... and look forward to the next time we can hear the sounds of the bat hitting the ball... ping, the ball being caught in the glove... pop, cheers in the stands, slides into home, kids playing on the grass, smell of hot dogs being grilled, and sitting out on the grass on beautiful summer nights cheering for #5! Go Tigers!











No comments:

Post a Comment