Monday, June 21, 2010

mY gUyS

hApPy FaThErS dAy to my guys!!! I am one lucky girl to have grown up with a great dad and then to marry a guy who is a great dad too... Being the only girl in the family I was lucky enough to have a special relationship with my dad. Yes, he spoiled me but also taught me how to work hard and go after what I want. He always supported me in all my activities and encouraged and expected me to do my best. My dad has always put his family first and made us feel like the priority...even up through today. Some things I think of that remind me of him are... skiing, running, biking, the cabin, my trip to Moab with him, his one of a kind laugh, love of dogs, love of nature, always trying new things, he is the advice guy, plans for the future, buys what he wants and hard to shop for, baseball, loves his yard, St. George, loves taking pictures, THE Granite Farmer, loves his mom, loves my mom, Diet Coke, 7-11 runs, he can make a car last, Excedrin pm, works hard, loves his kids, loves his grand kids, music...oldies and today's hits, loves American Idol and 24, kind, generous, Harley rides, friendly; LOVE my dad!
I am also very lucky to have a wonderful father-in-law who takes such great care of his family... both when they were all growing up and now when they are all big and grown. He is a really hard worker and has taught his kids the value of that. He is a wonderful cook, loves riding horses, involved in his community, and is always coming up with new ideas to try. He raised Ryan right and taught him wonderful principles on how to be a great husband and father... Thanks Mike!
Ryan... When I married him I knew he would be a good daddy but he really has surpassed all expectations that I had. His kids have him wrapped around their fingers! And yet he just has a way of getting through to them. He can play with them, reach them, love them, cuddle with them, tell the best stories to them, spend quality time with them. They ADORE him. when he isn't home they ask me all day when he will be home and then when he gets home they are glued to him and are so disappointed when they have to go to bed. I am so grateful that his way of relaxing is spending time with his kids and family. Really the greatest dad... I am envious of the relationship our kids have with him. I am truly grateful and feel so blessed that he chose me to be the mother of his children. It really is such an honor to be their mother and his wife!!! I love ya Ry!!!

PS... Can you believe that pouty face on Claire... little heart breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment