Thursday, June 10, 2010

Random thoughts

It was so fun to see Mason the other night at his first guitar lesson... he had that excited yet nervous smile on the whole time and when he was finished he just kept saying how much fun it was. He also started scouts yesterday. He has been waiting for so long it seems like. Every Wednesday afternoon when his friends would go he wasn't too happy that he wasn't 8 yet and had to wait. He had a blast at it. He really is growing up... taking on so may more responsibilities.Ella is terrified of the of wind or big rainstorms... I have no idea what started this but this past spring when the wind blows it puts her in a melt down. She hides under the bed, under the table, she cries and just can't quite get a grip. Its hard to know what to do... we have told her stories about the wind fairies racing out there and tried to show her all the great things the rain can do for our flowers and some of that seems to help but I can't seem to get her over it. She had her preschool end of year sing recital the other day. It was darling. She sang all the songs beautifully... can't believe we are done with the first year of school. Claire thinks she is 3 or 4 instead of almost 2. She follows her big sister around everywhere and thinks she should be able to go to friends houses. She is independent and now wants to feed her self, thus making a huge mess, she throws major tantrums when she is mad... boy oh boy... I have never really had a "terrible 2 yr old" it was always the 3's that were tougher for me, maybe she is skipping 2 and going straight to 3. Good thing she is cute and gives the best squeezes... saves her:)
I am coming to the realization that I am lazier than I thought. I need to kick it into high gear and stop doing things mediocre if at all. Pull it together!!! Clean, exercise, craft....Ryan is super busy right now. I swear he is running on no sleep, or barely any sleep. He works all day, plays with the kids for a couple of hours, and then goes back to work at his desk for all hours of the night. I worry he is going to get sick again. I need to find a way to help him chill and take time for him.
We are going out tonight for Yvetts birthday... can't wait. I really need some girlfriend therapy... some good laughs and dessert always seems to do the trick. Our yard looks really good this year. I love being outside in it. Although because of the wet and cold weather this year it seems like it is about a month behind in blooming. Maybe I'll get to enjoy it a month longer in the fall.... fingers crossed. Love watching my kids dance and sing in the car, love the smell of freshly cut grass, my guilty pleasure in movies in Sex in the City... love those girls:), excited for Mason to get baptized next month, I swear I think about it once a day, want to have another baby... lets hope it doesn't take too long to make that happen, I love watching So you think you can dance... it amazes me how much control people have over their bodies, I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!, I have a bit of a sweet tooth and some of my favorite bakerys are... Dippidee for sugar cookies and all decorated cupcakes, Sweet Tooth Fairy for cupcakes, My Dough Girl for all other cookies, and Beyond Glaze for fabulous doughnuts. I should go get some breakfast for the kids and start the cleaning process!!

2 comments:

  1. I like this post Camille... it's so 'beautiful momish' ... honestly, you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me! I will go out anytime!!

    ReplyDelete