Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend

What a busy weekend but what a fun weekend!! Mason had a baseball tournament both Friday and Saturday which consisted of being at the ball park for double headers which meant being there for about 6 hours a day! For some that may sound tough but for us we love it! LoVe lOve loVe sitting at the ball fields on the grass letting the girls play on the playgrounds and watching a ball game. We lucked out with great weather for all games but unfortunately we lost all 4 games. Bummer!! So that meant we didn't have games on Monday... but we were busy anyway. This year Mason is on a super league team called the Lehi Tigers. Its been a fun team but I have to admit we have had some trials... for one reason or the other, Mason is sitting the bench more than we are used to. And knowing me and the crazy mom that I am, it drives me nuts. But he is still having a great time and continues to love baseball and is improving. We are about half way through the season I and really wish it wasn't so close to being over.


On Sunday we went up to the cabin with my family for some fun! Once again such a beautiful day. Driving up in the mountains calms me. It is one of my favorite drives and the closer we get I the more happy and yet peaceful I am. On the agenda at the cabin... lots of sitting and chatting, and eating treats (my kids are still crazy on sugar), lots of 4-wheeling with the kids. Ryan and Ella had quite the adventure out on their ride seeing an eagle, fish, cows, horses, different colored birds, rock chucks... you name it. We went up the Cedar Hollow trail this time and Mason drove with me. Only this time I actually let him do the driving. He was really excited... I have to admit though it was a bit scary at times with him getting a bit outta control but we recovered and had good talks about staying in control and its not all about going fast. His reply to that was, "but mom... dad and I are made for speed". Really comforting. All in all he did really good and it made me want to buy one his size and take more long rides that would take up the day and go on some more adventures. The kids fished and played games, ate smores and burgers. The dogs swam in the pond and ran in the meadow! I think Sammy is still asleep from his busy day! Going up there was just what I needed, as usual. It always centers me, relaxes me, gets me giddy, and I love spending time with my brothers and parents and their families! I love watching my kids play and do the same things I used to do up there when I was little!!! My happy place!



No comments:

Post a Comment