Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Damn Camera

Not a big secret that Fall is my FaVoRItE time of year and going to see the leaves change is another thing I love and look forward to do each year. Love to take the kids pictures in front of them all with the beautiful backgrounds! This year forces were working against me! #1 the Weather! according to the weather man we had to hurry and go before all this cold weather came, so if we wanted to see the brilliance of the colors we had to go NOW pretty much. Okay not a problem... lets pack a picnic and go.But hurry because it is really windy! #2 Ryan working! So the night comes and Ry has to get some computer stuff done like yesterday and isn't able to go- LAME. So I skip the dinner hand the kids a banana and head up American Fork Canyon. Sososososososo amazing everything was bright and totally picture perfect, every where you looked was really breath taking! So I find the perfect spot for some pics and pull over, haul the kids out, pose all the whining kids and quickly get them to smile and #3-the damn camera (sorry about the cussing) is out of batteries! So mad! So we get back in the car, after of course slamming the door on my leg, and head out for a little drive up the Alpine Loop, which only got more beautiful and less windy the higher up the mountain we went! So, I was not disappointed at all at the gorgeous site, but my kids were not loving all the driving. So I finally lost it and headed home. My sweet Mason realized how disappointed I was and would tell me all the perfect places to stop to get out and look. By then Ella fell asleep and it was getting dark. So we went to Kneaders and got leaf sugar cookies (the highlight to the kids night) and went home. So hopefully this weekend for conference we can give it another shot and go up again with Ryan and a working camera. I just can't get enough of the beautiful mountains this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment