Sunday, September 27, 2009

What I love about him....

Some of the things I love about my Mason are his passion for things and life, his competitiveness, his love for "the game", and his concern for others! All of these qualities were apparent and so vivid as he walked off the football field sobbing on Saturday, "I failed my team mom!" red faced and so upset, just sobbing. His team lost in OT on Saturday and he didn't get a TD all game and to make it worse they gave him the ball the last play of the game to "save the day" and he fell short of the goal line. My heart broke as he said this and I tried so hard to comfort him and let him know of all the great things he did do. But I have to admit that a little part of me was glad to see him so wrapped up in the game and that cared so much about what he was doing. I hope he never looses that fire and love of the game but at the same time learns how to not feel as though the weight of the world depends on him. I love my Mason!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment