Sunday, September 27, 2009

Relief Society Broadcast

I am embarrassed to say that I always forget about the RS broadcast that happens the week before conference. In fact, I don't think I have gone to a church to watch since my mission-YIKES! This year I was lucky enough to have been offered a ticket to go down to the conference center to see it. I was offered it on a day when I said a morning prayer and in that prayer had asked for something or someone to draw strength from. And the call came that very morning. Answers to prayers come sometimes in ways you would never think of, the trick is being willing to accept them and listen to what the answers actually are. I am grateful for this answer... I'm not sure what I expected when I was there... were the windows of Heaven going to open up and directly shine on me and give me specific answers to all my problems and concerns? (probably not) Was I to meet someone there who could help me? I really wasn't sure what was going to happen but I am so grateful I went. No the windows didn't open and no new people were brought into my life but, my testimony was strengthened about the RS and the importance of going as well as the organization. As well and the incredible lengths that women went through just to bring about this amazing organization. What a legacy they have passed on to us! Some of the other things that stood out in my mind were...Never suppress a generous thought. What in my day distracts me from doing good things? Get rid of all the unnecessaries. We need to mind the gap; The gaps being believing you are a daughter of God and knowing you are a daughter of God. There is nothing the separates us from the Love of God... it is always there. We need to accept His love and recognise His approval. The gap of believing in Jesus Christ and being a valiant servant of Jesus Christ. When we are valiant we will share the gospel and strengthen others. And finally Charity never faileth. Find joy in serving others even when your own needs are not met. Charity is the pure love of Christ. A legacy is passed from heart to heart and charity is a gift we need to pray for.
Even though I am sure those notes seem jumbled up they were all points that touched my heart. I was truly fed spiritually, something I really needed. My love for the prophet grew as I watched him leaving the congregation waving to all of us and giving air high fives. Such a cute loving man who truly loves the work and who loves us and knows the Lord. I am so grateful for answers to prayers and for those who surround us who lead and guide us in this wonderful work.

No comments:

Post a Comment