Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"I square mommy"

What is it about kids that they just know when they are in big trouble or you are about at your breaking point and so they just say the cutest things that seem to erase everything that just happened? Ella is a pro at this, yesterday while driving her to school she is hitting her sister with a shoe string, un-buckling her seat belt and totally not listening to me. So I of course have to pull the car over to re-buckle her in and yell at her for not being obedient and take the toy away from her. With tear filled eyes she repeats over and over ,"Mom, I square I won't do it anymore, I square mom! I really square, can I have my toy back?" I have no idea where that came from but I just could not help smile and even laugh. It totally broke the tension and the angry moment. She saved her life with that comment! HAHAHA Another thing she often says to me, but always at random times right after she has just gotten in trouble is, "Mom ya mad at me?" in the sweetest voice possible as to imply that she is totally baffled as to why I could possibly be mad at her. She has left me no choice but to just relax and give up the anger towards her and try to explain why I am freaking out. Its so true... kids say the darnedest things.... and thank goodness for that!

2 comments:

  1. Camille... your family is gorgeous! I love reading about it all! Football has got to start early!!! That is awesome! Let's keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I square! I love it! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete